At Peoples Bank, we take your online security seriously.
In addition to providing useful services, the safety and security of your Peoples Bank online banking experience is a top priority. We use up-to-date security technology and our services are designed to protect you, as well as the bank. You also play an important role in online security.
Your Role: Protecting your Account Information Online
You play an important role in protecting your accounts. Here are some of the steps you can take to protect yourself online:
• Never give out your personal or financial information in response to an unsolicited phone call, fax or e-mail, no matter how official it may seem.
• Do not respond to e-mail that may warn of dire consequences unless you validate your information immediately. Contact the company to confirm the e-mail's validity using a telephone number or Web address you know to be genuine.
• Check your credit card and bank account statements regularly and look for unauthorized transactions, even small ones. Some thieves hope small transactions will go unnoticed. Report discrepancies immediately.
When submitting financial information online, look for the padlock or key icon at the bottom of your Internet browser. Most secure Internet addresses, though not all, use "https."
Remember: Peoples Bank will NEVER ask for your user ID, account number or password via e-mail or by phone.
Tips specific to Online Banking Security:
• Don’t reveal your User ID or password to anyone. Your User ID and password are designated to protect your banking information. This only works if you keep the information to yourself.
• Don’t walk away from your computer if you are in the middle of an online banking session. Exit the online banking system and close the Internet browser window when you are finished.
• Take advantage of online banking system alerts. Within online banking you may enroll in email alerts that will generate email notifications to alert you of transaction activity or balance information according to limits you have established.
• Keep your email address up-to-date. If you are enrolled to receive email alerts, we must have a current email address to ensure you are receiving the alerts as you have requested.
• Once you have finished your online banking session, sign off before visiting other websites.
• Install and maintain Anti-Virus Protection on your computer.
To change your user ID or password at any time, visit the Customer Service Section within Peoples Online.
Peoples Bank employs these safeguards to ensure your financial privacy.
We use encryption technology so your private banking information cannot be intercepted. Your banking information never travels the Internet without encryption protection. You know you are on a secure website, like Peoples Bank online banking, when you see the web address begins with https and when there is a closed padlock at the end of the web address or the upper or lower-right of your web browser.
Peoples Bank’s computer systems are protected 24 hours a day by a powerful firewall that blocks unauthorized entry.
Individual ID & Password Information
In order to access Peoples Bank Online Banking, you must enter a unique User ID and password of your choosing. Further, you will be asked to answer personalized questions when you logon from a computer that is not recognized and registered on the system.
Password Security System
To keep unauthorized individuals from accessing your account by guessing your password, we utilize a password security system. If your password is entered incorrectly three times, online accounts will be “locked out” until a Peoples Bank representative is contacted for assistance at (800) 584-8859 during regular banking hours. You have the ability to monitor access to your account by the “last login” information provided at the top of your Accounts Overview each time you log in. This record will report the date of your last login.
If you’re logged in to Peoples Online or Business Manager and do not perform any activity for 20 minutes, you will not be able to proceed until you provide credentials to sign on to the system.
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) protects bank customers from online predators by requiring multiple pieces of information to validate identity. This state-of-the-art security solution deters predators who commit fraud and identity theft by exploiting single–factor authentication — which uses only one piece of information such as a password — to validate identity.
If you notice any suspicious or unusual activity related to any of your accounts, please contact our Online Banking Support immediately at (800) 584-8859.