As a local bank, we make decisions for the long term. We have prepared for this moment, and we are here for you. We expect and prepare for challenging times and currently have strong levels of capital, reserves, and liquidity with well-diversified, quality assets. Peoples Bank is, and will remain, safe and sound.
We have compiled a list of resources below to better assist you. If you have any questions, please contact your banker or loan officer directly, our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us, or a business banker near you.
We have adjusted the service levels in our branches to ensure health and safety for our customers. All of our drive-thru locations will remain open, and our traditional branch lobbies will continue to be open by appointment and closed on Saturdays. Before visiting your local branch, please visit our locations page to schedule an appointment.
- Our offices located within grocery stores reopened on May 18.
- Drive-thru banking will continue to remain open Monday-Friday at all locations with drive-thru banking service.
- All locations are closed on Saturdays.
- All traditional locations have in-person service available by appointment.
- Night drop is available at all locations (including closed branches) and will be checked multiple times during the day.
Peoples Bank will follow CDC, state, and local guidance in its policy for face coverings and other protective measures. To protect customers and employees in our branches:
- Face covering policies have been implemented for employees and customers. Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose will be required for Peoples Bank employees in all locations. We also require that customers wear face coverings in all of our locations.
- We have installed plexiglass guards on the teller lines to protect tellers and customers.
- Signage and floor graphics will be in place to help customers maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- Please be prepared to identify yourself while in a branch with a valid ID.
Paycheck Protection Program
- On April 24, an additional $310 billion was allocated to the SBA Paycheck Protection Program. You may complete an application here. For more information about the Paycheck Protection Program and eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/sba-paycheck-protection. Receipt of application does not guarantee approval and funding.
Washington State Employment Security Department
- The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers during this unprecedented time. For more information, please visit https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19.
Washington State Department of Revenue
- Loan assistance is available to our borrowers affected by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. To learn more about payment relief options for home loans, consumer loans, and marine loans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number, and a loan officer will follow up with you.
- Stimulus checks have started to arrive. If you have questions or concerns about how your stimulus dollars have been applied to your account, please contact your branch, the Customer Contact Center (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us/.
Deposit Account Assistance
- As a courtesy to our customers, Peoples Bank’s ordinary business practice is to allow checks and automated payments to overdraw deposit accounts, which provides you with overdraft protection in the event an error occurs. During this extraordinary time, we want to let you know that you can turn this feature off by contacting your branch or our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us/. This feature can also be turned back on at any time once circumstances have changed by contacting a bank representative.
Changes to Regulation D Transaction Limits
- In an interim final rule, the Federal Reserve Board has temporarily removed a requirement for banks to enforce certain transaction limitations. As a result, Peoples Bank has immediately suspended enforcement of the six transfer limit in order to allow customers to make an unlimited number of convenient transfers and withdrawals from their savings and money market deposits at a time when financial events associated with the coronavirus pandemic have made such access more urgent. Once regulators make this change permanent, the Bank intends to permanently amend our policy accordingly.
We are asking customers to utilize our online, mobile, and remote banking services. We encourage customers to enroll in online banking or download the Peoples Bank mobile app on Android or iOS. Our online and mobile banking tools allow you to:
- Pay bills online or from your mobile device
- View account statements
- Send money
- Deposit checks
- Transfer funds
- Check account balances
We are also asking our Business customers to utilize the Business Manager online banking tool and Business Manager Mobile on Android or iOS. Here's how these tools can be used to assist in making your banking experience easier, safer, and more convenient:
- General Banking Services
- Business Manager
- Access real-time info on your accounts.
- Transfer funds between accounts.
- Access to the mobile banking app.
- Electronic Payment & Collection Services
- ACH Origination
- Make payments or collect receivables.
- Access from your Business Manager account.
- Improve cash flow and efficiency of operations.
- Making a Deposit
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Deposit batches of checks via a check scanner.
- Items deposited by 7 pm get same-day credit.
- No need to come into the bank.
- Making a Deposit
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Deposit single checks via the app.
- Items deposited by 6 pm get same-day credit.
- No need to come into the bank.
- Sending Payments
- Bill Pay
- Pay bills from your Business Manager account.
- No need to mail checks or pay for postage.
- One-time, scheduled, or recurring payments.
- Sending Payments
- Wire money from Business Manager.
- Wire funds Domestically or Internationally.
- Wires can be scheduled.
Pricing, limitations, and approvals may be applicable on these services. For more information and/or to set up these services, please contact your local Treasury Management Officer.
- In order to meet with a bank representative, an appointment is required. Please call the branch to schedule an appointment.
- We are asking customers to meet with Peoples Bank staff via phone, email, or online meeting platforms, such as Skype, as much as possible. Please find contact information for your branch at our locations page.
- Our mortgage lenders and Treasury Management staff will be meeting customers on an appointment-only basis. We encourage you to submit applications with our mortgage lending team here. Appointments with our Treasury Management Team can be scheduled online here.
- If you need to meet with a commercial lender, please schedule an appointment directly with them.
- If you have any questions, please contact your banker or loan officer directly, our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us, or a business banker near you.