People Pay makes it easy, quick and convenient to pay people directly anytime—right from a smart phone or computer. With a few clicks, you can pay anyone, no matter where they bank, via a text message or email. People Pay works right from the Peoples Bank Mobile Banking app or from Online Banking. There is no cost to use People Pay for senders or recipients.
- Pay your roommate for shared rent or household expenses
- Send cash to a niece or nephew for their birthday
- Pay back a friend for concert tickets or lunch
- Pay soccer team dues
Here’s How It Works
Start by enrolling through your online banking account. Once enrolled, set up your contacts to receive money by any or all of these delivery methods:
- Mobile phone number (for text message delivery)
- E-mail address
- Account number
Recipients of text and email payments receive directions on how to claim their money after you send it. Along with your payment, you can send a personal message.
- Enter the recipient’s text or email address and the amount.
- The recipient receives an e-mail or text alert with instructions on how to pick up the money.
- Once the recipient completes the instructions the money is transferred to their account.
How to Enroll in People Pay
- Sign in to online banking
- Click “Pay people” in the Pay and Transfer menu
- Follow the instructions to enroll