Community Connections CD
Community Connections helps Peoples Bank give back to the community.
Open a Peoples Bank Community Connections CD and earn an annual donation of a 1/4% of your opening CD balance for the Community Connections organization you select.
The total donation made to our Community Connections organizations is based on the sum of the certificates opened for each organization. The larger the CD you open, the more we give back to the community!
Community Connections CD Rates
Participating Community Connections Organizations:
Sustainable Connections works with 600+ local, independently owned businesses that are nimble enough to make any transformational change in their business that they can imagine, and supports their innovations in green building and developing walkable communities, sustainable agriculture, energy efficiency and renewables, and creating new businesses that creatively address societal and environmental challenges. In just six and a half years, Sustainable Connections nationally recognized accomplishments to improve the sustainability of our community have been remarkably impressive and include:
- Becoming the number one EPA certified “green power” (renewable energy using), community in the country;
- Climbing from zero to one of the highest percentages of LEED accredited facilities (green, energy efficient buildings), in the nation and piloting two LEED-Neighborhood projects;
- Facilitating hundreds of new business-to-business trade relationships between farmers and food buyers, and inspiring thousands to eat more local food;
- Growing the next generation of farmers by supporting the development of 20 new farm enterprises that will feed our community into the future.
Kulshan CLT strengthens community by creating affordable homeownership opportunities and affordable access to land for farming for the people of Whatcom County. Using the community land trust strategy, Kulshan CLT provides low- and moderate-income homebuyers with mortgage gap financing and in return, separates the ownership of the land from the ownership of the home. The CLT ground lease protects the affordability of the home for future income-eligible homebuyers, while providing each homeowner with a reasonable rate of return on their investment.
Today, with more than 95 single-family homes and condominiums in the trust and more than 115 homebuyers served, including resales, Kulshan CLT builds stability, pride, and economic vitality, growing a community everyone can afford. Your Community Connections CD will help KulshanCLT achieve the following this year:
- Partner with eight or more prospective first-time homebuyers achieve the dream of homeownership, homes that will remain affordable for generations of low-income homebuyers;
- Continue our track record of no foreclosures among our homeowners;
- Prepare more than 200 community members to be successful homeowners through free homebuyer education classes;
- Build our next new home, and partner with Habitat for Humanity to bring new homes into the Trust, creating construction jobs and economic vitality for our community;
- Create opportunities to support local agriculture through affordable access to land for farming.
Thank you for helping us grow a community everyone can afford!
Established in 1979, Skagit County Community Action Agency (Community Action) is a 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster and advocate for self-sufficiency among low-income people in Skagit County. We offer over 35 anti-poverty programs in six major focus areas including Crisis Intervention; Housing and Shelter; Food Access and Nutrition; Health Care Access; Education, Literacy, and Job Skills; and Volunteerism. In 2009, Community Action touched the lives of over 36,000 low-income people, a 30% increase from two years ago, helping about a fifth of our county’s population get past emergencies and on their feet again.
Skagit County Community Action Agency focuses their resources on goal oriented interventions, as opposed to one-time help. Essentially, while they do assist those in need with motel or food vouchers, or help with paying a power bill, their true mission is to connect with families over an extended period of time – working to offer education and goal-setting opportunities to help individuals and families achieve major life changes. Because Skagit County Community Action Agency is constantly studying, listening to and evaluating our community’s needs, they are able to adapt our programs to meet challenges faced by their clients.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) was effective 6/6/15; subject to change. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Available in Skagit and Whatcom Counties only.