Safe and Secure
Benefit from local, private ownership.
2020 Q4 Financial Results
View/Print Peoples Bank Strong Numbers - 2020 Q4
Financial Highlights that drive Peoples Bank’s top performance:
- Peoples Bank maintains a diversified loan portfolio to minimize risk. In order to do this, geographic, collateral, and industry concentrations are closely monitored to help the Bank maintain appropriate risk exposures. Peoples is also well diversified between loans to consumers and businesses.
- Peoples Bank remains committed to meeting the credit needs of the local community.
- Year-to-date through December 31, 2020, Peoples Bank originated 2,374 mortgage loans. This equals $753 million in financing for Washington homeowners.
- Under the program enacted by the government's Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act in 2020, Peoples Bank made more than 1,800 Paycheck Protection Program loans. This provided $231 million in assistance to small businesses.
Few Non-Performing Assets
- As of the last published quarterly call report, Peoples Bank's non-performing assets were low at 0.27% of assets.
- Peoples Bank maintains a diversified loan portfolio to minimize risk. In order to do this, geographic, collateral and industry concentrations are closely monitored to help the Bank maintain appropriate risk exposures. Peoples is also well diversified between loans to consumers and businesses.
- Peoples Bank is well capitalized at 9.70% equity capital to average assets. Netting out the effect of Paycheck Protection Program loans this, ratio is 10.37%.
- Peoples Bank funds loans in our community by gathering customer deposits in the markets we serve and does not use brokered deposits to fund banking operations.
Local, Private Ownership
- Peoples Bank has been closely held and locally owned since 1921.
- In their most recent ratings, BauerFinancial awarded Peoples Bank a superior rating of five stars.
Access the details here: Peoples Bank Strong Numbers - 2020 Q4>>
As of the last published quarterly call report, Peoples Bank’s non-performing assets were at 0.27% of assets. Non-performing assets include loans 90 days or more past due or in nonaccrual status and other real estate owned by the Bank.
Peoples Bank is the leading locally-owned and operated community bank meeting the financial needs of businesses and families in Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish, King, Chelan, and Douglas Counties. The Bank is closely held and operates three principal business units: business banking, retail banking, and home lending. Our 23 branches and one loan production office provide customers with added convenience and the Bank with a reliable source of core funding.
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has been actively engaged in strengthening, energizing, and supporting our communities. Learn more at peoplesbank-wa.com/giving.
Peoples Bank is a Member FDIC. Learn more about FDIC insurance >>