Bridge the gap and buy before you sell.
A bridge loan allows you to make an offer on a new home that is not contingent on the sale of your current home. In today's real estate market, with tight inventory leading to multiple offers and shorter listing periods, you may want to buy before you sell. A bridge loan from Peoples Bank allows you to leverage the equity in your current home toward the purchase of your new home.
- Fixed-rate interest only payments up to 12 months.
- 80% combined loan to value (LTV) on your existing home.
- Existing liens against primary residence must be consolidated into bridge loan.
- Exit property must have a listing agreement and list price supported by appraisal.
- New home must be move-in ready, primary residence and a new first mortgage with Peoples Bank (waived on all-cash purchases).
- New loan may not be a construction loan.
- Borrowers must qualify for mortgage payment on both homes.
The Peoples Bank Difference
Whether you’re in the market to buy your first home, dream home or vacation home, our goal is simple – let’s make it work.
There are countless reasons to choose Peoples Bank for your home loan – from local loan decisions and on-time closings to great rates and fair terms, but we think the best reasons are our people. Our best-in-the-business team of loan professionals is ready to assist you every step of the way.
Questions? We’re here to help!
Email us or call (800) 584-8859
Subject to credit approval. Available to owner-occupied, single-family residences. Hazard insurance on the subject property is required. If the property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area, we will require you to obtain flood insurance.