As a local bank, we make decisions for the long term. We have prepared for this moment, and we are here for you. We expect and prepare for challenging times and currently have strong levels of capital, reserves, and liquidity with well-diversified, quality assets. Peoples Bank is, and will remain, safe and sound.
We have compiled a list of resources below to better assist you. If you have any questions, please contact your banker or loan officer directly, our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us, or a business banker near you.
For information and guidance on COVID-19 related scams, please visit the Federal Trade Commission website at https://www.ftc.gov/coronavirus/scams-consumer-advice.
All Peoples Bank branches and drive-thru locations are currently open. We recommend calling or scheduling an appointment online for loan or account inquiries. Peoples Bank will follow CDC, state, and local guidance in its policy for face coverings and other protective measures:
- Effective Monday, May 17, 2021, customers may enter our facilities without a face covering if fully vaccinated. Our in-store locations must adhere to Haggen, Safeway, or Fred Meyer policies if more restrictive.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will need to continue to wear a mask and take other preventative measures.
- We will not require proof of vaccination, but we will ask for responsible and respectful cooperation with this policy.
- We have installed plexiglass guards on the teller lines to protect tellers and customers.
- Signage and floor graphics will be in place to help customers maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- Please be prepared to identify yourself while in a branch with a valid ID.
Paycheck Protection Program
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) has informed trade associations that Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding has been exhausted and that the PPP application portal has stopped accepting applications for loans.
- Peoples Bank is now accepting PPP forgiveness applications for all First and Second Draw Loan requests. We are processing these requests through our online portal. You must wait at least 8 weeks from your loan funding date before you can apply for forgiveness. To begin your application, please click on this link: https://peoplesbank-wa.expressbankloan.com/2/#/match.
- For more information about the Paycheck Protection Program, please visit https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/sba-paycheck-protection.
Washington State Employment Security Department
- The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers. For more information, please visit https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19.
Washington State Department of Revenue
Washington State Department of Commerce
Economic Impact Payments
- A second round of Economic Impact Payments, or Stimulus Payments, was slated to arrive on January 4th.
- As a result of an Internal Revenue Service error, 15-20 million individuals of the 112 million who were expected to receive their economic impact payments through ACH or Direct Deposit transactions will receive payments via paper check. If you anticipated a direct deposit, but have not seen a credit to your account, or if you originally anticipated a physical check, please review your payment status using the IRS Get My Payment portal.
- Due to the nature and volume of the stimulus, we are receiving far more Direct Deposit files than normal, so please be patient as deposits are processed. If you have questions or concerns about how your stimulus dollars have been applied to your account, please contact your branch, the Customer Contact Center (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us/. For more information about eligibility, status or payment methods, please visit:
- How do I check the status of my payment? The IRS continues to update the Get My Payment portal. We understand the system is still under maintenance. Please continue to monitor IRS.gov for the latest information and updates.
- How can I deposit my stimulus check? Customers who receive a paper check may deposit their stimulus payment into their account via a local branch, Peoples Mobile app, or Peoples Bank ATM. It will typically take one business day for funds to be made available.
- What if my account is overdrawn? Customers whose accounts are overdrawn at the time of their Economic Impact Payment deposit are encouraged to contact our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 to initiate the Bank’s Overdraft Repayment Program and receive access to their stimulus funds.
- What happens if my account is closed? The IRS clarified that economic impact payment recipients who had their ACH payments erroneously sent to an account that is closed, inactive or a temporary account, will not receive their payment and must instead claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when filing their 2020 tax return electronically.
- Where can I find additional resources? We also encourage you to visit IRS.gov for the latest information about the payments, including answers to questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it, and more.
Deposit Account Assistance
- As a courtesy to our customers, Peoples Bank’s ordinary business practice is to allow checks and automated payments to overdraw deposit accounts, which provides you with overdraft protection in the event an error occurs. During this extraordinary time, we want to let you know that you can turn this feature off by contacting your branch or our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us/. This feature can also be turned back on at any time once circumstances have changed by contacting a bank representative.
- Loan assistance is available to our borrowers affected by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. To learn more about payment relief options for home loans, consumer loans, and marine loans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number, and a loan officer will follow up with you.
Changes to Regulation D Transaction Limits
- In an interim final rule, the Federal Reserve Board has temporarily removed a requirement for banks to enforce certain transaction limitations. As a result, Peoples Bank has immediately suspended enforcement of the six transfer limit in order to allow customers to make an unlimited number of convenient transfers and withdrawals from their savings and money market deposits at a time when financial events associated with the coronavirus pandemic have made such access more urgent. Once regulators make this change permanent, the Bank intends to permanently amend our policy accordingly.
Free Credit Reports
We are asking customers to utilize our online, mobile, and remote banking services. We encourage customers to enroll in online banking or download the Peoples Bank mobile app on Android or iOS. Our online and mobile banking tools allow you to:
- Pay bills online or from your mobile device
- View account statements
- Send money
- Deposit checks
- Transfer funds
- Check account balances
We are also asking our Business customers to utilize the Business Manager online banking tool and Business Manager Mobile on Android or iOS. Here's how these tools can be used to assist in making your banking experience easier, safer, and more convenient:
- General Banking Services
- Business Manager
- Access real-time info on your accounts.
- Transfer funds between accounts.
- Access to the mobile banking app.
- Electronic Payment & Collection Services
- ACH Origination
- Make payments or collect receivables.
- Access from your Business Manager account.
- Improve cash flow and efficiency of operations.
- Making a Deposit
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Deposit batches of checks via a check scanner.
- Items deposited by 7 pm get same-day credit.
- No need to come into the bank.
- Making a Deposit
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Deposit single checks via the app.
- Items deposited by 6 pm get same-day credit.
- No need to come into the bank.
- Sending Payments
- Bill Pay
- Pay bills from your Business Manager account.
- No need to mail checks or pay for postage.
- One-time, scheduled, or recurring payments.
- Sending Payments
- Wire money from Business Manager.
- Wire funds Domestically or Internationally.
- Wires can be scheduled.
Pricing, limitations, and approvals may be applicable on these services. For more information and/or to set up these services, please contact your local Treasury Management Officer.
- We recommend calling or scheduling an appointment online for loan or account inquiries.
- We are asking customers to meet with Peoples Bank staff via phone, email, or online meeting platforms, such as Skype, as much as possible. Please find contact information for your branch at our locations page.
- Our mortgage lenders and Treasury Management staff will be meeting customers on an appointment-only basis. We encourage you to submit applications with our mortgage lending team here. Appointments with our Treasury Management Team can be scheduled online here.
- If you need to meet with a commercial lender, please schedule an appointment directly with them.
- If you have any questions, please contact your banker or loan officer directly, our Customer Contact Center at (800) 584-8859 or https://www.peoplesbank-wa.com/contact-us, or a business banker near you.